This page includes information on the agenda for the meeting
of the Acquisitions and Appraisal Section at the SAA Meeting. Our 2008 section
meeting will be held on Friday, August 29 from noon to 2 p.m.
Appraisals/Appraisers Section Meeting Agenda
- Steering Committee Introductions
- Teresa Mora, 2009 Program Committee, to announce procedures for submitting sessions proposals
- Submission of comments on Protocols for Native American Archival Materials
- Comments to SAA's Education Committee re: procedural changes for seminar/workshop
- Review of Draft of Special Collections in ARL Libraries for the ARL Special Collections
- Presentation: Jim Jacobs, Data Services Librarian Emeritus, University of California San Diego will speak on the challenges for preservation of government information in the digital age
- Questions and discussion
- Election Results
Following the business meeting, Jim Jacobs, Data Services Librarian Emeritus, University of California San Diego and a co-creators of FreeGovInfo.info, will discuss the extreme challenges for preservation of government information in the digital age and offer some surprisingly simple and familiar strategies.
Page last updated August 23, 2008.