October Is American Archives Month!
2007 Chicago Archives Fair
Date: Saturday, October 20, 2007
Location: Newberry Library (Map)
Time: 10:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The Chicago Archives Fair introduces students, educators, historians, and genealogists to primary source materials preserved for use in area
museums, libraries, universities, historical societies, and associations. College and university students looking for research seminar paper topics
and elementary and high school students seeking ideas for Chicago Metro History Fair research projects are especially welcome. Researchers will be able to talk to archivists about their collections, schedule research visits, learn about the online Chicago Area Archivists Repository Guide, and hear expert tips about archival research.
- American Academy of Pediatrics, American College of Surgeons,
- American Medical Association,
- Chicago Public Library Special Collections,
- DePaul University,
- Evanston History Center,
- Frances Willard Historical Association,
- Illinois Labor History Society, Illinois State Archives,
- Japanese American Service Committee Legacy Center,
- National Archives and Records Administration,
- Newberry Library,
- Northwestern University,
- Roosevelt University,
- Rush University Medical Center,
- Schaumburg Township District Library,
- Special Collection Research Center - University of Chicago,
- Southeast Chicago Historical Society,
- University of Illinois at Chicago,
- Women and Leadership Archives - Gannon Center,
- Wood Library - Museum of Anesthesiology
This event is free and open to the public. No prior registration is necessary.
Co-sponsored by the Chicago Area Archivists (CAA) and the Chicago Metro History Education Center.
Visit the CAA website for more information and to download a free flyer: http://www.vandercook.edu/archives/CAAarchivesmonth.htm